Followers

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

I'm disappearing

Hey guys. If you read my blog, you know we found out a couple of months ago that my mom has breast cancer. She already had a mastectomy and we knew she was at least a stage 2 since it was an aggressive type and it had spread to 3 lymph nodes.

We went to see the oncologist today and got the results of the PET scan. Not good. She's actually a stage 4. The cancer has already spread to her spine and liver, which has 3 spots. What was going to be a 6 cycle schedule of chemo has now become unending. She'll be on treatments for the rest of her life. We're devastated, but keeping our spirits up for her. And she says she's keeping hers up for us. She's my hero and the strongest woman I know.

So I'm putting my blog on hold for now. Don't know if I'll be back or not. It's been a great outlet for me so far, to keep my mind off things, but now it's just going to be too much. If I make a polish or feel like doing my nails or makeup one day, I'll probably just post it on my Instagram, Twitter and tumblr; as it's much faster to post that way and they're all connected so I can post to them all at once.

It's been a fun ride, but I've gotta take care of my mama full time now. I'll still read everyone's blogs and lurk on IG and tumblr.

Love each other and make every day happy guys.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

17 comments:

  1. Oh my hun! I am so sorry, we're always here if you need us xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes for your family and hope that mama gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girlie, let me be the first to tell you that positivity is everything! There is a pretty popular beauty blogger that was diagnosed with stage 4 colon and liver cancer last year. She had like a 20% of survival and she is now cancer free. Take the time to take care of your mom and yourself! All the positive thoughts and happiness in the world to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I know who you're talking about, I read her blog! We keep things light & happy here at out house. We really feel a good attitude goes far. Cake helps too. That's why I bought two today. ;) Fixin to have a little now!

      Delete
  4. i am sirry to hear that.i wish she b fine soon and have long long life with good health.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of u Hun, we all understand and Ill have you and ur mamma in my thoughts and prayers, always be hopeful and positive. Well done you stay strong

    Love Aqeela x
    Blog: aqeelakeela.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best wishes for you and your mother. I hope you stay strong and beat this :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your mom! I know what your going through. Stay strong. You are all in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're in my thoughts, best to you and your mom <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry to hear that hun ! Take care of your mum and yourself . I know what it means when you have a familymember with such a agressive cancer . My mom died 10 years ago cause of lung cancer and a few days ago got my father the same diagnoses :( , he has lung cancer too , but he has a good change to survive it though . I needs 6 chemo's for now. So i'm with you with whole my heart and mind ! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, Deb. Praying for you and your mom. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry to hear about your mum. It is the worst news a person can get about a family member, especially one's mother, and I can't even bring myself to imagine how you must feel. I'm going through a somewhat similar phase but it's stage 1 - my Gramps has just been diagnosed. He begins radiation shortly. I'm sending thoughts and prayers to you and your mum and hope God sees us all through trying times and shows humans a way to end the disease soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am very sorry to hear this. I can't imagine how hard dealing with something like this must be. Try to take care of yourself a bit if you can while you're caring for your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so incredibly sorry, Deborah... we'll be praying for your mom and you♥♥♥ please let us know if you need anything more than a prayer...

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry to hear about your mum`s disease.

    Willie
    hyp HY850 Beach Towel

    ReplyDelete